Services by P3 lake Louisa
Kayak and Canoe:
1. Be willing and able to follow rules and obey authority figures (such as staff members or DEP employees)
2. Understand and follow instructions given to you, verbally or written, presented individually or to a group, including directives regarding hazards/risks;
3. Have the ability to perceive hazards/risks and respond to instructions regarding hazards/risks such as wildlife, approaching storms, etc.;
4. Effectively communicate with or to other participants or staff regarding potential hazards/risks, personal distress, injury, or need for assistance, up to a distance of 50 meters.
5. Act reliably and responsibly even when not directly supervised
6. Perform necessary self-care in a remote and outdoor environment, including personal hygiene, adequate hydration, dressing appropriately for weather conditions and responsibility for and organization of personal gear;
7. Remain alert and focused for the duration of your outdoor experience.
8. Tolerate being outdoors in typical Florida weather, for the duration of your experience.
9. Be able to lift 20lbs to chest height.
10. Be able to sit upright for an extended period of time with legs stretched out in front of you.
11. Perform a sweeping motion with arms and shoulders repetitively, similar to sweeping a floor, while exerting roughly 10lbs or more of pressure against the handle.
12. Ability to go from a standing to sitting position, and sitting to standing position with minimal assistance.
13. Master moderately athletic balancing skills.
14. Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face-down to a face-up position keeping their head above water
15. Be able to locate on your vest and blow a whistle while face up in the water.
16. Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other course participants
17. Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion
18. Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.